In the fight against Covid, the government of India has started an online portal cowin. gov. in where any citizen can register himself for the Covid vaccine. This is a self-registered portal that allows citizens to book the vaccine slot at their convenience in a nearby center. The full form of CoWIN is Covid Vaccine Intelligent Network and is owned and operated by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. The website was launched on 16th January 2021. cowin gov in is available in various regional languages like Hindi, Marathi Tamil, Gujarati, etc.
The registration on this portal is very simple all you have to do is to just follow the following steps
- Visit the official web page covin.gov.in
- Enter an active mobile number that is with you. As you will receive an OTP on this number.
- Enter the OTP within 180 seconds
- Once the OTP is validated, the “Register for Vaccination” page will appear.
- Provide basic information like name, number, photo ID, age, and gender.
- Make sure that you provide authentic information
- Once done Hit the Register button
- You will receive a confirmation message on your registered email or phone number.
Cowin. gov. in Self Registration 2022
To prevent the further spread of Corona in India, the government has started this great initiative. The portal cowin gov in is self-registered where a citizen can register himself any time for the covid vaccination. The only condition is that there must be a vacant slot available for cowin registration. The website is very helpful for people who have not been vaccinated even with a single dose. To further simplify the cowin self registration process, the government has started various mobile applications like the Umang app, Digilocker, or Arogya Setu app. A user can use any of these mobile applications to register himself or any of his family members.
Cowin.gov.in Self Slot Booking
To book the vaccination slot on the Cowin portal follow these instructions
- Visit slefregistration.cowin.gov. in
- Enter OTP which is received on the mobile number
- Click on the Register Member
- Enter the Aadhar Card number and then provide the OTP
- Add the family number to book their slot
- Select the center as per your convenience
- Once the slot is booked, visit the vaccination center on the prescribed date and time.
Type of Vaccine available on the Cowin portal
There are four types of vaccines available on the official web portal www.cowin.gov.in. A citizen can register for himself on the portal for any of these vaccines, provided the same is available at the vaccination center near them. Of all the four vaccines Covishield has the maximum number, it accounts for 81% of the doses so far. Two vaccines Covishield and Covexin are indigenously developed in the country. Sputnik V was imported from Russia and was approved by the government last year only.
Let’s see what these vaccines are made from. Starting with the most popular vaccine in India, Covishield is manufactured by a collaboration of Oxford – AstraZeneca and is made from a common cold virus from chimpanzees. The second most popular vaccine in India that is developed by Bharat Biotech is made of dead covid viruses. This vaccine has reported around 78 percent efficacy. The third popular vaccine is available on cowin.gov.in is Corbevax.
This is also made in India vaccine and is developed by Biological E. This is made of covid vaccine protein spike. As soon as the vaccine enters the human body this vaccine triggers the immunity inside the human body. The fourth most popular covid vaccine is listed on the website Cowin. gov. in portal is Covovax this local vaccine is developed by the popular pharmaceutical company Serum institute of India.
Is Online registration mandatory for Covid 19 Vaccination?
Although it is not mandatory to do the self-registration by visiting selfregistration.cowin.gov. in. But we highly recommend you do it to avoid any last moment rush. You can also do the spot registration at the vaccination center. But there is always a risk involved as the number of slots for on-spot registration varies from center to center. Also, on-spot registration is not available at all the vaccination centers
Vaccine Certificate Download
As of today, around 90 percent of India’s population is vaccinated. In fact, covid vaccination is one of the largest vaccination drives in the world. To authenticate that you are fully vaccinated you may be required to produce the vaccine certificates issued through the www.cowin.gov.in self registration portal. You can download the vaccine certificates by using your names credentials. This certificate is compulsory if you are traveling domestically as well as international through bus, train, or plane. Many businesses organizations have also made it compulsory to produce Covid vaccination certificates for their employees.
Once you are vaccinated (even after first dose) you will receive a text message on your registered phone. This message will have a link from where you will be able to download your certificate. If in case you have missed this message then do not worry. As the same can be download by visiting the official website cowin. gov. in.
To download your certificate follow these steps
- Visit self registration.cowin.gov.in
- Enter your register mobile number
- Once the OTP is received on your registered mobile number enter it on the website.
- You can also log in with your DigiLocker profile.
- After that, you will be redirected to the profile page where you will see download certificate option.
- Click this option to download your certificate
- You can also verify any certificate by visiting Verify Certificate link on the website.
Steps to Download Vaccine Certificate Using Aadhaar Number
- To download the Vaccine Certificate you will have to install the Digilocake application from the google play store on to your mobile.
- Once it is downloaded and installed on your mobile phone, complete the registration process by providing details like DOB, Aadhaar number, Phone number, Your Name, Gender etc.
- In the application find Vaccine Certified and then click Vaccine Certificate link.
- Finally, enter your 13-digit Beneficiary ID ie your aadhar card.
We hope you liked all the information provided on this website regarding Covid vaccination.
For More Info- Fitness tips